Monday, November 27, 2006

Twins, cysts and other interesting stuff

Well I can't still believe that we are going to have two more grandkids (twins)!!!!!!!! But it is a reality they did see two hearts beating on the ultrasound. Congratulations go to the mother and father to be Heather(daughter number 1)and (her wonderful hubby) Jon. Can't wait to see the ultrasound pictures. Uber and Unter.(the twins as they are being formally called) will be making their appearance sometime in June or July.
Trina's(daughter number 2) mammogram wasn't as kind they found some cysts in her right breast and a mass of breast tissue in the other breast. Hopefully the cluster of cysts that the radiologist saw in Trina's breast isn't anything to be worried about. I think she has to have a biopsy but they didn't schedule that yet. Hopefully she will know more tomorrow. I guess I always thought those things can't happen to anybody that young. I guess that I was kind of thinking about me and the breast cancer in that regard too. It will be a whole year on December 2nd that's when I had the lumpectomy and Dec 13th the mastectomy. I can't believe it will already be a year. I don't really know how you determine how long you have been free of cancer. Do you count from when they removed the tumors or would you count from the last radiation or chemo treatment? I guess I really did not feel cancer free until I had my last radiation treatment. Which was in July of this year. I still am scared that it will come back with each little ache or pain that I have now. I am always thinking has it metastized? Are cysts and tumors happening more now days or is it we just are hearing and reading about it more now? Well I need to get ready for bed, I have a big work day tomorrow.

2 comments:

seattlegal said...

Hopefully, your cancer never ever comes back.

Hopefully, Trina's cysts and mass of breast tissue aren't anything bad.

I really hope so for both things.

And yay for the two heartbeats!

KeDaCoMo said...

Yay for twins. Let's all pray that everything goes well!

I haven't heard anything about the biopsy appt. but called them this morning and they will be getting back soon.

I would think when the lumps were removed would be cancer free?
And as for how long you have been a Breast cancer survivor? since they found it.

I think finding more cysts and tumors is a combination of both. We have more things,(cars, machines) that would cause these problems and yet we have more advanced equipment that can catch things early on, when they are undetectable by the human eye, or hands in my case. But wouldn't he be crazy if we found out that they machines detecting the illnesses were actually what was causing the illnesses? hmmmm? just a thought?